Finding Good Welding Schools in New Jersey
If you are a welding enthusiast residing in or around New Jersey, you would do well to attend welding schools in New Jersey so you will know about the different welding techniques, safety procedures and other important things about welding. For a new welder, getting an education from welding schools in New Jersey and elsewhere is particularly important because you can only get a comprehensive welding education from a technical school or better yet, a school solely dedicated to welding. This is because it would be difficult for you to learn about welding if you will only read about it in books or observe how others do it. If you are already practicing welding for several months or years, enrolling in welding schools in New Jersey is still good for you because you will be able to learn about new welding procedures from experts and veteran welders. You can also update your knowledge of new techniques that have been devised for the welding procedure that you already know or practice.
You can get your welding education from the following welding schools in New Jersey:
- Somerset County Vocational and Technical High School. This public high school aims to provide high school students with career training so that they can directly find employment after graduation. Their welding program is the Diploma and Vocational Certificate in Welding where they will learn shielded metal arc welding, plasma arc cutting, metal inert gas (MIG) welding, tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding and electric arc welding.
2. Ocean County Vocational Technical School. They offer programs for junior and senior high school students as well as high school graduates, with a specialized welding program through its construction trades programs. Their welding programs are the following:
- High School Welding Program
- Adult Basic Welding Program
- Adult Advanced Welding Program